Monday, April 1, 2019

Sunday in Ceveteri-by Farah (photos by Kelli)



Sunday, my fellow students and I traveled to Cerveteri, where we discovered more about Estrucan tombs and artifacts.


In order to catch the bus, we had to leave our hotel, Casa La Salle @ 9:00 am. Before arriving at the bus stop, Sarah and Kelli bought us our bus stop tickets.







When our ride finally arrived, we were off to Cerveteri! The journey was beautiful, as we headed towards the countryside! There were many vast field and plenty of greenery for us students to enjoy. We passed communes such as Comune Di Ladispoli and several towns, until finally arriving in Ceverteri.




As one might expect, Cerveteri is a perfect picturesque Italian town. The atmosphere definitely contrasts the lifestyle in Rome. The first thing we did, was go to the Estrucan Museum, which held all kinds of Estrucan artifacts. It was amazing for so many of us, to see all these treasures. 












Next, students were given the opportunity to grab some lunch. For example, I ate at a restaurant called Jolly Ristorante and has the best burger of my life.


Our final activity was visiting Estrucan tombs located 20 minutes away from Downtown Cerveteri. It was a great (and somewhat rigorous) stroll through the countryside. From far away, I could easily see farms and everlasting green hills.



When we arrived at the Estrucan site, the chaperones gave us some time to wander and look at the tombs. The site consisted of seemingly everlasting twists and turns. Personally, I spent this time discovering the insides of these ruins, and looking at the beautiful views nearby.

















After an hour of exploring, the entire group met up and headed towards our bus stop. It was important that we didn’t miss it! 
After making the walk back to the center, we all said goodbye to Cerveteri! I enjoyed some wild cherry gelato before departing back to Rome.


In the evening, after changing and cleaning up after a long day, we spent some quality time eating dinner together at an old neighborhood restaurant close to Casa la Salle. I had spaghetti aglio e olio and for dessert, strawberries and cream.










After many laughs and fun times, we headed back to our hotel, to do some late night packing.


I’m ready for the next step in our journey. This past week has taught me a lot about my classmates as I get to know them better, but also about myself, including my personality and my boundaries. 


Thank you Rome for an unforgettable experience! Now off to Naples! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment